Before you can start using Windows AutoPilot, there are some pre-requirements that must be configured.
Firstly of all I suggest that you create a security group, that includes all the users who will be AutoPiloted by Intune – make sure that your users have the right license.
Head to the Azure Portal and login as a global admin and follow these steps:
- Go to Azure Active Directory -> Devices -> Device settings
- Here you must configure which user that may Azure AD join a Windows 10 device – use the same user group as the one who includes your AutoPilot users
- You can also add another local administrator for your AutoPilot computers, if needed
- When ready, click Save
- Go back to Azure Active Directory -> Mobility (MDM and MAM)
- Click Microsoft Intune
- Select which users (group or all) that may enroll their device into Intune. Leave everything else as default
- Click Save
- Go back to Azure Active Directory -> Company branding
- Company branding is a must for AutoPilot to work properly. So, if not already in place, please make your company branding by clicking the Configure button
- When done, click Save
- Go back to Azure Active Directory -> Properties
- Please make sure that all the information is correct, as it will be displayed on the devices during the Windows AutoPilot enrollment process